Don’t let your dogs eat South Beach diet foods

Bonnie the Scottish Terrier ended up at the emergency vet for the night after she sampled some South Beach Diet choclate pudding made with the artificial sweetner Xylitol. According to an e-mail from her owner, she only licked an empty container clean, but it takes just a tiny amount of Xylitol to poison a small 18-pound Scottie dog.

Here’s a 2007 article from USA today on the toxicity of Xylitol for dogs.

One thought on “Don’t let your dogs eat South Beach diet foods

Comments are closed.