Westie Wednesday: Dog saves man’s life in fire

There’s good news and bad news for Penny the West Highland Terrier. Let’s start with the good stuff about how she’s now being celebrated as a hero:

A MAN was saved from a house fire by his pet dog – after the animal scratched at his bedroom door until he woke up.

Shaun McLoughlin, 35, was asleep at his Stretford home on Wednesday afternoon when the blaze broke out in the bathroom.

His tiny West Highland Terrier Penny raced into a smoke-filled corridor to wake up night worker Shaun.

The 14-year-old dog braved the heat and barked and scratching at his bedroom door until he woke up. Shaun woke and crawled downstairs.

Now, the bad news. Shaun had to toss Penny out a window to save her and she’s now limping. Shaun himself was naked when he made it out of the house. Best of luck to both of them. Be sure to watch the video.

One thought on “Westie Wednesday: Dog saves man’s life in fire

Comments are closed.