Tributes: Casey of the Learning Garden

by AnnB on October 18, 2009 · 6 comments

in Tributes to much loved Scotties

Casey’s owner David writes to say his lost his dog to cancer on October 5. There’s a tribute to Casey, a wobbly Scottie rescue, at David’s blog.

The Garden will not be the same without him. Known by many aliases (among them: Killer, Butterbutt, Magellan, Compost King, Happiness, da Puppy and Love Muffin), he will always be remembered for his loyalty and devotion to me and his huge presence that was way bigger than his 25 pounds.

He was my big, beautiful dog in so many ways and I will miss him more than I can describe.

Here’s the rearview of a beloved behind. RIP, Casey.

property October 19, 2009 at 3:00 am

So,would you mind telling me what's wrong with your dog?

AnnB October 19, 2009 at 7:47 am

If you click through to David's post, he has some links on Wobbly Scotties.

See also these Scottie News past posts on Scottie cramp.

Hank October 19, 2009 at 5:12 pm

David,

Sorry to hear that Casey had to leave you. May you meet up again one day.

John

edie neiman October 20, 2009 at 3:42 pm

David, I know you will miss you constant companion. You to were a dynamic duo. He was so cute running around the Learning garden at Venice High School. You will remember all the times you shared and he will be waiting for you one day. The special qualities he sported will be remembered and missed. We love you and will be here for you.
Your Sis with A big Hug.

Anonymous October 23, 2009 at 10:37 am

I'm so so sorry to hear of your loss. I'm typing this through teary eyes as I've been through this before as well. It's so very very hard when we lose our loved ones. Especially ones like Casey that bring so much joy and laughter to us. Consider yourself lucky however to have had the opportunity to share Casey's life with him albeit all too short of a time. Rest assured he's waiting for you. Hang in there. In the meantime you'll have the memories of him to keep you warm.

Lisa March 25, 2010 at 10:16 pm

So very sorry for your loss. My beloved Jack (the European Scottie pictured on the spring reader's pictures page) passed away in October from liver failure. He was almost 12 1/2. May you take comfort in knowing that Casey had a good life and, like Jack, was well loved.